Steps to your website
As a general rule, the following steps are what you and I will need to go through to get your website up and running.
This can sometimes be done within a single day.
- You need to think about how you want your website to look (graphics), logos, colours etc.,
- Either you or I organise hosting, and send the details (username, password) to me,
- Either you or I organise a domain name (or two, or three…)
- The domain name(s) need to be ‘pointed’ at the hosting, if the domain wasn’t organised as part of the hosting (combining steps 1 and 2), and either you or I can do that,
- I (can) maintain all your hosting options, creating email addresses for you to use,
- I install WordPress on the hosting, create the database, and configure WordPress according to your needs and wants,
- I install appropriate WordPress Themes and Plugins depending on your needs and wants,
- I create extra user(s) for you to sign on to the WordPress “dashboard” back office area,
- You create the web pages you want, and enter the content, pictures and videos that you want to appear on your website,
- When you’re happy with what you’ve got, I’ll invoice you,
- You pay me and have full control of your website! You don’t need me any more!
- If you need/want anything done that you don’t know how to do, then contact me to discuss,
- If you need/want additional functionality, then contact me to discuss,
- If I’m not available for whatever reason, then contact another competent developer, it’s a WordPress site!